Table of Contents
- Do I need to create (activate) a Zoom account?
- I heard that an “email for account activation invitation” has been sent. What should I do?
- I have checked my ECCS cloud email (abcde123@ g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp), but I cannot find the “Account activation invite email”
- I received an email inviting me to activate my account and pressed the activate button, but it says “User does not exist”
- I received an email and pressed the button to activate it, but it says “expired”
- User Type is “Basic” instead of “Licensed”
- If all the above fails…
Do I need to create (activate) a Zoom account?
- The “Meeting Host” requires an account. That is, a person who sets up a meeting to teach, typically a teacher, or a TA acting on its behalf.
- Someone using the Zoom feature to attend a conference that is “limited to users who are authenticated by g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp” needs an account. Some classes require this in order to control who takes part in online classes, so make an account if you want to attend those lectures.
- Otherwise, creating an account is not necessary.
I heard that an “email for account activation invitation” has been sent. What should I do?
- The invitation is sent to your ECCS Cloud Mail ( abcde123@ g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp). “abcde123’’ is the string of characters that you set in the initial setting of ECCS Cloud Mail.
- Set up an email account if you have never used ECCS cloud mail.
- After that, log in from Gmail with the above account. If you already have another Gmail account, please log out of that one first.
- You can also log in from here.
I have checked my ECCS cloud email (abcde123@ g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp), but I cannot find the “Account activation invite email”
- Check if it is in the spam mail folder.
- The email was sent to faculty and staff on March 16th, and to students on March 24th to 25th. Emails may not have been sent to those who did not have a UTokyo Account at that time.
- UTokyo Account should be assigned to new students from April 2020 at that time, but it may be different depending on your affiliation.
- If still that does not work, request us to resend you the invitation.
I received an email inviting me to activate my account and pressed the activate button, but it says “User does not exist”
- The cause is unknown, but it has occurred to a large number of people. Follow thisprocedure in such cases.
I received an email and pressed the button to activate it, but it says “expired”
- Follow the actions describedhere.
User Type is “Basic” instead of “Licensed”
- Make sure you are signed in to Zoom with the “10 digit common ID@g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp.”
- Visit Zoom HomePage
- Check your profile on MY ACCOUNT and confirm that the Sign-In Email is the “10-digit common ID @ g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp”
- In that case, User Type should be displayed as Licensed and Capacity should be displayed as “Meeting 500, Webinar 500”.
- It may say Free Trialon the “Account Profile” screen, but this is not a problem.
- If are you signed in with another account, sign out and sign in again with your “10-digit common ID @ g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp.”
- If you cannot sign in with the “10-digit common ID @ g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp”, you may be able to activate it using the procedures described here.
If all the above fails…
- Contact us at email@example.com.
- Please let us know the following to help us solve the problem:
- Your UTokyo Account (10 digit number, common ID);
- The ECCS cloud email address that you set yourself (“abcde123@ g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp”);
- Whether you can sign in to Zoomwith your “10-digit common ID@g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp”;
- (When possible) How are the User Type and Capacity displayed?
- 学生用 (2020 Aセメスター版)
- 教員用 (2020 Aセメスター版)
- ITC-LMS 学生用
- ITC-LMS 教員用
- 授業URL通知 (2020 Aセメスター版)